Goals & Resolutions
New Year’s Resolutions & Goals:
I love how people are setting goals & resolutions for the new year (2017!) by saying that they want to do more of something, instead of less of something. I think that it makes the goals & resolutions more positive & powerful.
I found the quote above from C.S. Lewis that I put over I picture that I took of my sweet sister Magnolia.
The quote says, “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
I think this is a pretty cool quote because it puts eternal life into perspective.
But without further ado, I have compiled a list of all of the things that I want to do more of.
- Journal more – I picked up a journal from Staples on November 10, 2016 (12 Days of Thanksgiving (Day 3), you can read about it here.) & I have really been loving it. I also like how I can get stories that I have been keeping in my brain out on paper so I can remember them for the future. It does wonders for your mental health.
- Laugh more – laughing surely is medicine for the soul. It makes the dreary days brighter & it takes away both tenseness and stress.
- Read more – I really enjoy reading, but I often tell myself that I am too busy to enjoy a book, because once I get started, I am totally sucked in. I know for a fact that as life goes on, I wil only get busier and there will be less time for things such as reading for fun.
- Travel more – it has always been one of my goals to go to a new state every year. I want to keep this goal, but to explore places I have never been to is always especially fun! I also have never been out of the country. Going somewhere overseas or getting my passport may not be apart of 2017 but I definitely hope that it is in my future!
- Pray more – spending time talking with the Lord is extremely important to me and I definitely need to spend more time going to God with things rather than worrying about them.
- Love more (Recently, I have become very aware of how little patience I have for ignorant people, which is so wrong of me when we, as Christians were called to love.) & also there is just so much hate in this world & that is really discouraging.
- Blog more – some of you may be thinking, Sarah, you’ve bloody written a blog almost every day for the past two weeks or more (also, I’m not British, but I like pretending I am). Well, yes, while that may be true, I guess I would like to blog more consistently through the year. I would like to provide a variety of content & hopefully gain a few more readers along the way.
Thanks so much for reading and for joining me on this wild ride! I have been enjoying it immensely and I hope you have as well!
I found the picture below on Pinterest and really liked the positive vibe, so I thought I would share it with ya’all.
Happy New Year friends!